After 16 years of running the Architecture & Design Sustainability Awards, it is safe to say that we now have Australia’s biggest, oldest, and most-respected built environment Sustainability Awards program.
And it would also be remiss of me not to point out that our awards have earned their rightful place as the pinacle of achievement for all those working in our built environment.
From increasing awareness about the circular economy, the NCC, green product manufacturing, designing a disaster-resilient buildings, creating social sustainability value chain and the social and affordable housing in Australia, the Architecture & Design Sustainability Awards promote the understanding of the importance of ecologically sustainable design for both building owners and the climate in general.
The 2022 Sustainability Awards, the country’s leading showcase of the buildings, products and companies directly contributing to a more sustainable built landscape, is one of a few industry programs bringing together leading designers, suppliers and sustainable building practitioners together to celebrate the industry’s best projects.
With nominations now open until June 30, following are five reasons why you should enter your project or product into this year’s awards:
- Unique program: Now running for 16 years, the Sustainability Awards are the longest-running and most prestigious awards program specific to sustainability in Australia’s design and build sector. The program’s judging process is also unique, with each shortlisted project carefully judged and often subjected to in-depth discussion and debate by the jury.
- Publication & publicity: All shortlisted projects will be featured online and in print in Architecture & Design magazine, Australia’s most authoritative publication in the field of building products and their applications. The shortlist and winners will also feature in widely circulated media releases, with the publicity materials including Awards logos provided for your own company’s use.
- Be inspired by and learn about other projects: Entering the awards will not only allow you to boost your team’s morale by celebrating their work and exposing it to a large audience for wider recognition, it’s also a chance to learn from other sustainable projects in the industry. Information about the sustainability initiatives and achievements of each shortlisted project or product will be made readily available to the public.
- Networking opportunities: All shortlisted entrants will be invited to an awards gala dinner in October, where they’ll have a chance to raise their profile, network and connect with industry peers.
- Strength & honour Although this may well be a quote from the movie Gladiator, the fact remains that all the shortlisted entrants will receive not just wide industry recognition, but also their entries will become a beacon for their peers and colleagues in terms of the veracity of their work and their depth and range of their design skills and that of their firms.
- Employee motivation: The Sustainability Awards are a fantastic way to recognise the hard work of your employees and help boost staff morale. Knowing they have contributed to the recognition winning a sustainability award brings is a great motivator for them to continue to perform for your company.
- An opportunity to attract new business: We’ll let that quote speak for itself, but aside from directly attracting new business, winning an award provides external validation – a real stamp of authority and credibility within the architecture and design industry and sector. It’s also a great way to entice new talent to your company. Who doesn’t want to work for an award-winning company that treats their employees like celebrities on the Sustainability Awards night?
- Benchmark yourself with the competition: For many businesses, it is easy to see the differences between your organisation and your competitors. However, in the world of sustainability, is it often the small details that separate the pretenders from the contenders. In the realm of our awards night, you can see what other businesses in your industry are doing well and take notes to lead your organisation in a different direction. If you win, then that is fantastic, but just being an active member in the built industry can give you an insight into where the industry is heading.
- It’s going to be a great night: After 2 years of being only in the virtual space, now that the Awards are back to being physically live, you can be guaranteed that the 2022 Sustainability Awards are going to be a whole lot of fun!
- You may even win an award: You never know, it may well be your night. That is one reason you need to enter.
The full list of categories for 2022 are below:
- Emerging Sustainable Architect / Designer
- Lifetime Achievement
- Adaptive Reuse (Alteration / Addition)
- Commercial Architecture (Large)
- Commercial Architecture (Small)
- Education & Research
- Interior Design
- Landscape & Urban
- Public Buildings
- Multi-Residential Dwelling
- Single Dwelling (Alteration)
- Single Dwelling (New)
- Smart Building Ideas
- Green Building Material and/or Product
- Editor’s Choice (Social & Community Outcomes)
Best of the Best
- This is the award for overall winner of the night
To say we are all excited about the fact that this year we will finally be able to hold the Awards in a live venue would be a massive understatement – especially when you consider that this year, the Awards will be hosted at the stunning and well-situated luxury Shangri-La Sydney hotel.
And not to ignore our global audience, these 16th consecutive Sustainability Awards along with the associated Sustainability Summit program as both a live event in Sydney and also, online for our increasingly important global audience.
So as to ensure the ongoing success of the Sustainability Awards, we need the very best entries that our industry has to offer, as well as in order to help make these 2022 Architecture & Design Sustainability Awards the best to date.
Over the previous years, we have had a range of exciting, diverse, and stunning entries that have shown just how far the issue of sustainability has come in Australia.
Here are some of the judges’ favourite Sustainability Awards past winning entries, with the common themes of dedication and unwavering support for sustainable goals.
So as the issue of carbon, climate and construction continue to influence our public discourse, it is with great please that I can say the 2022 are now open.
Therefore, after 16 years, it’s not just history we will be celebrating at the 2022 Sustainability Awards, but the future as well.
- 12 May 2022 Entries Open
- 30 June 2022 Entries Close
- 2 August 2022 Jury Deliberation begins
- 4 August 2022 Sustainability Summit Line-up Announced
- 4 August 2022 Sustainability Summit Tickets on Sale
- 18 August 2022 Jury Deliberation Ends
- 19 August 2022 Live Judging Day
- 8 September 2022 Shortlist Announced
- 27 October 2022 Gala & Summit Tickets Close
- 10 November 2022 Sustainability Summit (from 7:30am)
- Sustainability Awards Gala Dinner (from 6:30pm)
TO ENTER THE 2022 SUSTAINABILITY AWARDS, CLICK HERE
It’s a fact that the Architecture & Design Sustainability Awards are not only given to projects that demonstrate an immediate high level of sustainable architecture or design, but also to those projects that can show long-term sustainability, are accessible to all users as well as to people in the industry that have made a positive cultural, social or economic contribution to the local community.
If you have any questions about the 2022 Sustainability Awards or the Sustainability Summit or anything else Awards-related, please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org