CK Design International
This project was three decades in the making. Since 1984, the Rockdale Council, (now Bayside Council), located the Rockdale library on the northern wing of the 1940’s Town Hall as a temporary measure, awaiting the construction of a new library building. Over the following 30 years, the grossly undersized temporary library underwent a series of minor refurbishments while various proposals for a new building fell through. In 2013, CK Design International in association with Leffler Simmes Architects and Stevenson & Turner International Architects (Heritage) were engaged to design a new library building and customer service centre connecting to the Town Hall on the south and the Administration building to the east.